Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarishNayak
Helper I
Helper I

Lookup issue in edit form

Hi All,

I have sharepoint and sql server connected to my power app. I have a single form for nedit.and new. And the data from form is saved to sharepoint. In this form i have a lookup field whose value is coming from sql server.

When i open the new form and enter the value in textbox 1 , textbox 2 gets populated as i have the lookup formula in the default option for textbox 2.

But when i edit that item textbox1 has the value but textbox2 is blank. If i check back in sharepoint where the value from textbox 2 is saved its there but in the form it shows blank. Now if i remove the value from textbox 1 and renter textbox 2 gets populated.

Not sure what is the issue here. It seems like at the first instance of edit form the lookup dont work but once the value is removed and put back it works. 

Any thoughts on this.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,035)