Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DynamicsHS
Resolver I
Resolver I

Lookup not working for dataverse

Hello, 

I have two tables in dataverse (dynamics HR), one is called leave requests and the other is called leave request details. I will be uploading the data from the leave request table into a gallery in power apps, but I need to get the 'leave request date column' as part of that gallery which is from leave request detail table. I have created the relationship between the two tables, Many to one (leave request - leave request details). I have also made sure that both tables have a relationships with the worker table so that I can pull the workers full name. 

When I do a lookup for the workers full name in the worker table - I am able to get the workers full name details which is good.

see below:

DynamicsHS_0-1651645392071.png

But when I try to do the same thing and look up the leave request date in the leave request details table nothing shows up? There are two leave request detail drop downs available the leave request date details is the relationship I created and nothing shows up? 

DynamicsHS_1-1651645392127.png

while the other one just comes up with an error:

DynamicsHS_2-1651645392089.png

Can someone please help me in the right direction. Have I done something wrong in the back end? 

Thanks,

HS

12 REPLIES 12

DynamicsHS_0-1651703280181.png

I went into data verse, click data and add record. It brings me to this page. But I can't add a new record? It wont let me. Nothing comes up. 

First go to the 'form' tab in Dataverse and edit the main form(you are seeing the main form, but it only have Owner field). Add the fields you need and include also some related fields. Save + Publisch the form.

Then go back here and see of the form you edit is showing up. Fil in some data and hit save. Afther we did this, we can take a look if this record is showing us the related data.

DynamicsHS
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi Robin, 

Looking at the form now and it doesnt give me an option to add from a related table? 

DynamicsHS_0-1651806235075.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,699)