Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhananjaya
Helper I
Helper I

Lookup table colum in Sharepoint not shows in Browse Gallery

Hi 

I have created simple power app (auto genarate)  by connecting share point table.  In Browse Gallery I want to add project colum ( from sharepoint) but it gives error message. 

as per the error,  it seems like Project.Value  is Table type but it require text.  How can i modify this to display my project code in here.

dhananjaya_0-1619810676334.png

Please help on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@dhananjaya 

This means that your column in your list is set to allow multiple values.  Please confirm that.

So, the question then would be, if there are multiple values, which one do you want to display?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@dhananjaya 

This means that your column in your list is set to allow multiple values.  Please confirm that.

So, the question then would be, if there are multiple values, which one do you want to display?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

zaphod88
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You could try using a nested gallery/subgallery instead if you want to show all sub-items in Project column for each item.

thanks,  yes when I check after you mention it allow multiple values.  But it seems all recodes in project code still contains single value ( I am not handling share point end ) 

So what will be the best option if  there is multiple value, how can we show it. ?

thanks.  Can you give me hint..  how can use nested gallery/subgallery ?

zaphod88
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Just edit the first gallery item and while it is chosen, insert another gallery. This "nested" gallery is added to each item in the first-level one. Set its Items property to ThisItem.Project. 

zaphod88_0-1619858851849.png

zaphod88_1-1619858914461.png

thanks for this suggestions, I tried, but seems it is not match with my requirement.  By the way I manged to update list to single value so my issue get resolved from Share point end. 

thanks all for the support

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,731)