cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sendam

Lookup to list using QR Code

Good day. Would like to request help regarding error I have encountered. I have a screen that has button which will scan the QR Code. After scan, I have a label that will display the Name using the QR Code using Lookup to another list. However, I always get this error when connecting to the list. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sendam ,

Could you please share more details about your App? What are the functions applying OnScan of the scan button and Text of the Label?

In addition, have you tried remove that SP list data source and add it again? 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

sendam

Hi @v-jefferni 

For the onscan, i just set the value,

Set(varScan,Text(BarScanPassenger.Value))

The QR code that will be scanned contains the Employee ID. I need to get the Employee Name on the other list using the Employee Number that was scanned. 

This for the Text of the label, LookUp('Passenger Master List','Employee ID' = varScan,'Passenger Name')

I used lookup however it always gives error, Bad Gateway.

But when I manually assigned values to Employee ID like this, 

LookUp('Passenger Master List','Employee ID' = "001234",'Passenger Name')

I am able to get the name. 

Thank you.

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sendam ,

Please try to add another Label, set Text property of it to varScan. Then if employeeID displays normally, set the original Label's Text to 

LookUp('Passenger Master List','Employee ID' = Label2.Text,'Passenger Name')

Please update the result here for further research. And if passenger name works fine, you could set the test Label's Visible to false as a temporary workaround.

Best regards,

sendam

Hi @v-jefferni ,

I did what you have instructed me to do. Add new label (lblEmployeeID) Text = varScan

I was able to get the Employee ID however, Passenger Name was not displayed

lblEmployeeName Text Property:

Text = LookUp('Passenger Master List','Employee ID' = lblEmployeeID.Text,'Passenger Name')

Same Error: An error occurred on the server. Server Response: Passenger Master List falied: BadGateway

Thank you.

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sendam ,

So this issue could point to the permissions of your SP list. Please check if you have set proper access permissions of your SP site and list. Try adding a Gallery on the screen and set its Items to that list, see if the gallery could retrieve items from the list.

Best regards,

I have added a gallery and was able to view the contents of the Passenger Master List. 

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sendam ,

I would suggest you raise a support ticket:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,086)