cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wsalling
Helper III
Helper III

Losing Data using Patch and bad internet

We work in remote areas where internet goes in an out.  problem is if we start a patch using internet and loose before it finishes, we loose records from the collection being sent when it does come back.  how do i check to make sure everything was stored? it does throw an error when this happens.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
wsalling
Helper III
Helper III

Sorry we are using Azure SQL for data source

eka24
Super User
Super User

Collections are temporary, with the internet status, you need offline. Check this video:
https://youtu.be/aIwbcCag9B4?t=10------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Thanks.  i am using SaveData and Load Data already.  but issues is while running the Patch, and you loose internet and it comes back and then off and back.  it will not Patch all of items in the collection.  

i see there is a success collection to capture a return, but nothing show you how to check if they match and what happens if they don't.  Other than check row counts how do see whats missing.

The IsEmpty in the formula is supposed to check if all the items in the collection has been patched. Those not saved will be retained for subsequent saving. Can you show your formula

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

First i get a list of the newly created items in a collection called NewITems, then i compare that collection to the original collection. and get list of those that are not part of the Newly Create Items.

ClearCollect(newItem,ForAll(colSQLphotos,
Patch('[dbo].[Pics]',Defaults('[dbo].[Pics]'),{PhotoID:GUID(),PhotoName:PhotoName,CompassHeading:1,CaptureDate:sqlCaptureDate})));SaveData(colSQLphotos,"SavedPhotos");

ClearCollect(FoundMisingFromUpload,Filter(colSQLphotos,Not(PhotoName in newItem.PhotoName)))

just bad internet when patching data is losing lost items.  Tried Flow, and it is worse for lost data records with where internet looses signal during process.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,155)