Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyoIshi731
Helper IV
Helper IV

M365 user photo is not shown in Tablet

Hi

I am showing M365 user photo in Gallery.

Image property is ThisItem.Engineer.Picture  

# Data is from sharepoint and data type is "Person or Group"

When I open it in PC, it displayed properly like this picture.

RyoIshi731_0-1635348094387.png

However I open it in Table, it is blank.

Yellow part is blank.

Is it specification of PowerApps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @RyoIshi731 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @RyoIshi731 ,

That is because the mobile app needs to resolve URLs anonymously. You need the picture in a SharePoint Library linked to the "main" list item - I have a blog that may assist.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz   Thanks as your advice as always.

I checked your blog, but I don't know what to do.

In the Gallery, I would like to show picture of "User or Group" in Sharepoint List.

ColumnName is Engineer. 

Now I put ThisItem.Engineer.Picture

Do I need to create other column in Sharepoint List?

--------------------------

However, this will not display on mobile device apps due to the way that Power Apps resolves URLs anonymously. The following however works in both browser and app environments and generally resolves quicker.

ThisItem.'{Thumbnail}'.Large

--------------------------

Hi @RyoIshi731 ,

I have never tried a Person/Group photo, but from your description I believe the issue is the same as any other URL-based image that requires credentials - if it works on a PC and not on the mobile app like yours there is no other explanation.

My blog describes how to view a photo in a SharePoint Library on a mobile device and you can also view a photo that is an attachment to a SharePoint list. If the user photo is in your AD, you may be able to view it with

Office365Users.UserPhotoV2("john.doe@company.com")

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @RyoIshi731 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,354)