cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fgreen
Level: Power Up

MC189149 Plan For Change Published On : August 29, 2019

Excerpts from the announcement:

....The SQL, Azure and Dynamics 365 connectors listed below will be reclassified from Standard to Premium. A standalone PowerApps or Flow plan license is required to access all Premium connectors....

.... In addition, apps and flows created prior to October 1, 2019 will receive an extended grace period until October 1, 2024 – during this time these qualifying apps and flows will be exempt from Premium connector licensing requirements....

Just did a search and no one seems to have raised this question yet.  Does a revision to a pre-existing app or flow disqualify it from the exemption?

We have an internal group that created a PowerApp last May, and it uses both an Azure SQL Connector (reclassified to premium, Oct 1, 2019), and several flows (also reclassified???).  They have been tweaking this app continually, and every change results in a new version number-- they are up to version three hundred and forty something since May.  They want to continue to improve it, but are concerned that after Oct 1, revisions may have a drastic impact on pricing.

I'm having a hard time locating someone at MS that can answer this question.  Anyone here know?

Thanks in advance, Fred G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: MC189149 Plan For Change Published On : August 29, 2019

Modifying an App after October 1 that uses a SQL connector will result in a new version, but its the App that has the grace period not the version of the App.  So the exemption should still continue.

Also, Flows started by PowerApps are not being reclassified.  Those will still be considered part of the standard license. Standalone Flows started by non-SharePoint triggers may no longer be covered by the Office 365 seeded license, but that's a different issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: MC189149 Plan For Change Published On : August 29, 2019

Modifying an App after October 1 that uses a SQL connector will result in a new version, but its the App that has the grace period not the version of the App.  So the exemption should still continue.

Also, Flows started by PowerApps are not being reclassified.  Those will still be considered part of the standard license. Standalone Flows started by non-SharePoint triggers may no longer be covered by the Office 365 seeded license, but that's a different issue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,082)