cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

MIssing property field on gallery

Would anyone know why Gallery, property field would be missing from the drop down list?  I'm trying to set the gallery on 1 field within a DB, but that field is not there...all the others are.  

I added this field (column) recently to my sharepoint list (DB source).  The combobox exists in the form for the list.  I updated the DB linkage as well to no avail.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@enlitzinger 

Showing multi-select inside of a title is not possible to find in the dropdown because you cannot show it in a label as is.  It's a table of values: not text.

Instead, you would need to create a label and then put something like this in the Text property.

Concat(ThisItem.'Communication Type', Value&" ")

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

@enlitzinger
Two ideas:

#1 Refresh the datasource from the left side menu. Click on the SP list then Refresh.

#2 What type of column it in SharePoint? Some column types liked Calculated cannot be used in a filter.

A re-explaination of your issue or a screenshot might help. I found your description a little hard to understand.

—-
Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

#1 Refresh the datasource from the left side menu. Click on the SP list then Refresh.  -  check, issue resides.

#2 What type of column it in SharePoint? Some column types liked Calculated cannot be used in a filter.  Multiselect, select all is checked.

A re-explaination of your issue or a screenshot might help. I found your description a little hard to understand.  Screen shot attached if it helps.  The field I would like to be displayed in the gallery is Communication Type, which is not an option from the field selections on the right side control panel, but is an option and working correctly on the source list (in SP and via the powerapp form).    

Hi @enlitzinger 

If the above doesn't work, try refreshing the list from within SharePoint.

I've tried but no success with refreshes in SP itself, powerapps data sources.  Even did the ole' power down power up routine.  This one has me stumped, I'm sure it obvious but its just not firing for me. 

@enlitzinger 

Showing multi-select inside of a title is not possible to find in the dropdown because you cannot show it in a label as is.  It's a table of values: not text.

Instead, you would need to create a label and then put something like this in the Text property.

Concat(ThisItem.'Communication Type', Value&" ")

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (23,336)