cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamiano
Regular Visitor

MP3 files stored in SharePoint Document Library playing through Media Music

I have a Document Library in SharePoint of MP3 files that I would like to connect to PowerApps. This is so the manager of app can easily add, tag, and delete MP3s.

In PowerApps I have a Gallery that is connected to the SharePoint list to display AND play the MP3 files. The files play on the PC with no problem but when I open on the PowerApp iPhone App the Media does NOT play.

For the Audio Media Insert I have in the Gallery I have the Media field set to <ThisItem.'Link to item'>

On both the PC and the Phone I see the image and the text from the SharePoint list so I know both are connected to the SP list.

On the iPhone App when I hit the "play" button on the audio media insert the button changes from "play" to "pause" so it is recognizing the action but nothing plays, the timer does not move.

5 REPLIES 5
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adamiano ,

It is an known issue that SP Library MP3 files could not work using Audio control in PowerApps. The user @AngryBatVoice has faced same issue with you, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Dynamic-Audio-Media-not-working-on-Mobile/m-p/2413...

I have posted this issue to my Product team alreadly, and the response from PG (gpena (Guillermo Ortiz)) as below:

"

Unfortunately SharePoint won't let PowerApps to access files on a document library IF the user hasn't logged in to SharePoint before. The best course of action here is to use the mitigation where the files are added to a SharePoint list attachement.

Mitigations

Method 1 - Access PowerApps from Mobile browser instead of the PowerApps Mobile app.

1. On the mobile browser, visit the SharePoint site that contains the files you are trying to access. This is needed so the Mobile browser has the correct cookies from SharePoint to access the media link.
  2. On the mobile browser, visit the PowerApps web page and start the app from there.

Method 2 - Add the files as SharePoint list attachments.

1. Create a new SharePoint list.
  2. For each file you need to access, create an item.
  3. When creating the item, add the file as an attachment of the list item.
  4. On the PowerApps access the list item attachment and use it on a media control. For example:
    1. App has a gallery control. Gallery2.Items is set to "listmp3", where "listmp3" is a SharePoint list that has mp3 file attached to the items. There is one list item per file.
    2. App has an audio control . Audio1.Media is set to "First(Gallery2.Selected.Attachments).Value". This will obtain the attached file on the item selected on Gallery2.

"

Currently, within PowerApps, the MP3 files stored in SP Library could not work using Audio control within PowerApps. Please consider take a try with above alternative solution to achieve your needs.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for following up.

Option 1 is not acceptable to the app requestor

Option 2 - we tested this and it again worked on PC but not on Mobile IOS PowerApp

Great, the second solution worked also for videos stored in SPO!!!!

r_heibel
Regular Visitor

Had same issue

First(SongGallery.Selected.Attachments).AbsoluteUri - dose not work in mobile app

First(SongGallery.Selected.Attachments).Value  - works in both web and mobile app

EmMa73
Helper I
Helper I

I agree that "First(SongGallery.Selected.Attachments).Value" works in both web and mobile app but loading is very slow. Any suggestions to speed it up?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (2,844)