cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyberco01 Helper V
Helper V

MS Flow to create and update Sharepoint list items from D365

Dear All,
I need a flow to create and update Sharepoint list items if any additions or updates are made in D365.
Kindly help.
6 REPLIES 6
cyberco01 Helper V
Helper V

Re: MS Flow to create and update Sharepoint list items from D365

Can someone plzz guide me. It will be really helpful.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You'll need a Flow triggered by D365 trigger 'When a record is updated'.

You'll need to supply the environment name and the name of the entity in D365.

You can then use a SharePoint action 'Create Item' - specify the site and the List.

You can then populate the List columns with field values from the new/updated D365 record using Dynamic content to select the fields from the trigger.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cyberco01 ,

Do you want to create or update SP List Items using Microsoft Flow based on any creation or updates made in your D365 Entity?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

6 - Copy.JPG

7 - Copy.JPG

8.JPG

Within the "Update Item" action, set the Id field to following formula:

item?['ID']

Please consider take a try with above solution, then configure your flow as above, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
cyberco01 Helper V
Helper V

Hi @v-xida-msft,

Do you want to create or update SP List Items using Microsoft Flow based on any creation or updates made in your D365 Entity? - [Yes]

Will this work for Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations?

Where can I get the entity name from - is it from Data Management?

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cyberco01 ,

Yeah, the flow configuration I provided above is also work for your Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations. On your side, you just need to change the "When a record is changed or modified" trigger of the Dynamics 365 connector into the "When a Business Event occurs" trigger of Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations connector. Then modify corresponding Dynamic contents referenced from previous trigger within your flow actions.

If you used the "When a record is changed or modified" trigger of Dynamics 365 connector, when you specify a proper Environment name within the Oraganization Name field, the Entity Name field would be populated with avaiable Entities automatically as below:12.JPG

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
cyberco01 Helper V
Helper V

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

I tried but unable to get the data entities list as in my Data Management Screen.

Can you help me with the same to create and update sharepoint list based on data from excel kept in Sharepoint Document Library Location. Please help.

Do let me know if i need to create another new post for this. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,532)