Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baarsd
Helper I
Helper I

MS Teams connector PostMessageToConversation

Hi all,

does anyone have an idea how to use PostMessageToConversation from the MS Teams connector? Microsoft Teams - Connectors | Microsoft Docs suggests 3 required values, post as, post in. However when I try and use it in PowerApps, 

1. It is not clear what the location (post in) field should be (especially if we're trying to target a user)
  2. When putting some dummy data in, the command doesn't seem to want to accept 3 variables, even though the docs page say all are required

baarsd_0-1616381560588.png

Has anyone used this successfully?

Thanks,
Dylan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @baarsd ,

If you post a message to a user as flow bot, then this message would have no relevant with current user of Power App, the recipient could reply to the flow bot, however it would not know by whom this message is sent.

Below is the Flow:

208.png

Below is the Flow append on a button, with the parameter "Recipient" set to current user:

209.png

And below is what the recipient would receive:

207.png

One point to note, you will not be able to send private messages to individuals, no matter with Flow or Power Apps. As a user, Flow and Power Apps only support sending messages to a channel. You may consider use the "Post a message as the Flow bot to a user":

210.png

append the Flow OnSelect of a button, with the parameter recipient ask in Power Apps, the recipient would recieve a message from the flow bot and could see the sender of this message:

211.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @baarsd ,

Could you please share more details about your scenario? Would you like to post message to users in Teams as Flow bot?

If so, the action "PostMessageToConversation" is actually available in Power Automate (MS Flow):

206.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Hi,

what I was wanting to do was post directly to Teams from PowerApps as the logged in user - posting via a flow as the chat bot would probably work as well for my use case. I'll investigate that!

Thanks

Hi again,

sorry it's not clear how I'd target a user using the flow? Can you help?

Thanks

v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @baarsd ,

If you post a message to a user as flow bot, then this message would have no relevant with current user of Power App, the recipient could reply to the flow bot, however it would not know by whom this message is sent.

Below is the Flow:

208.png

Below is the Flow append on a button, with the parameter "Recipient" set to current user:

209.png

And below is what the recipient would receive:

207.png

One point to note, you will not be able to send private messages to individuals, no matter with Flow or Power Apps. As a user, Flow and Power Apps only support sending messages to a channel. You may consider use the "Post a message as the Flow bot to a user":

210.png

append the Flow OnSelect of a button, with the parameter recipient ask in Power Apps, the recipient would recieve a message from the flow bot and could see the sender of this message:

211.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,598)