cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuillermoTodd
Regular Visitor

Main form in PowerApp is corrup

Hi, hoping this is the right forum for this question.

I've been maintaining a PowerApp for about a year now. The version published is #72, and last time I updated it was a month ago. Now, that I want to do more edits and share it with another developer, however, the Main form seems corrupt and not editable.

ScreenShot1 shows how the Published version works.

ScreenShot2 shows that form in the editor.

ScreenShot3 shows the form when running from the editor.

The App is supposed to work this way: The Main form opens up as a Portal menu with options to launch other screens when clicking the labels surrounding the words. For example, from ScreenShot1, a green label surrounds "Flight Operations" to show that the mouse is hovering over it. Upon clicking that rectangle, the App navigates to another form.

However, when Main form is in Edit mode through the PowerApp Studio, the boxes around the main graphic behave as if the app was running. In other words, when clicking one of the rectangles to edit its properties, it navigates to the other form as if it was running. And the Main form shows with a gray background and out of center in Edit mode, which causes me to label it as "corrupt".

I've restore 2 previous versions, but both show the same corrupt Main form. The Published version seems to be running fine, but I don't want to add new features and re-deploy until I can see the Main form in full Edit mode.

Can anybody help, please?

5 REPLIES 5
JayMagness
Super User
Super User

HI,

I would do two things to test.

1) Try saving it all to a new name and get to version #1 and see if this resolves it.

2) also could try restoring the previous version and see what you get. or even the version that is shown to be LIVE

Let me know what you get.

R3dKap
Super User
Super User

Hi @GuillermoTodd,

What are the properties of your main screen? Position and size?

Are you using components on your main screen?

Hi R3dKap.

The ImagePosition attribute is set to "ImagePosition.Fit".

Height is set to "Max(App.Height, App.DesignHeight)" and Width to "If(IsExpand=true,384,0)".

Thanks.

Hi JayMagness,

I saved it to a new name, but the Main page still shows broken as in ScreenShot2.

Before saving it, the Published version was #72. I restored version #71, which was promoted as #73, but with the same experience. I restored yet an older version #70, which was promoted as #74. But still, the Editor shows the Main form broken.

Right now, #72 is still the one published, but neither a new version or Saved As are bringing the Main form to what's supposed to be.

When running, the App shows correct, it's just when in Edit mode that it is broken. 

To summarize, the Main form should show as ScreenShot1 when in Edit mode, yet it shows as ScreenShot2.

Thanks.

R3dKap
Super User
Super User

Ok, thanks for the inputs @GuillermoTodd.

From what is see in your screen's Width and Height properties, I suppose that somehow you code in the Width property returns 0 because IsExpand is false.

So, my question is: where is this variable initialized? In the OnStart event of the app? Why that code? The size of the main screen should always have fixed values doesn't it? What were you trying to achieve here? Can you explain?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (22,498)