Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshieboy
Helper III
Helper III

Maintain a History of Form Activity

Hello,

Does PowerApps have the ability to record a history of user activity for any given form submission?  I have an application whereby a form has to be completed and submitted then assigned to a respective party, that party has to update certain fields and also assign to someone else to close off, or even re-assign.  I would like to have had a screen on the app that records all the transactions on any given form - 

eg: 

• Date submitted and submitted by who
  • When assigned, what fields the assignee updated and when
  • When assigned to the second level, what fields they updated and when

Basically, a version history of all transactions on a form submission for all forms.  Is there a way to achieve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@joshieboy 

You would have to design this in to the app on your own if you want some sort of in-the-app ability to review this.

However, if you are using SharePoint, in case you are not aware, SharePoint already does this with versioning turned on.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@joshieboy 

You would have to design this in to the app on your own if you want some sort of in-the-app ability to review this.

However, if you are using SharePoint, in case you are not aware, SharePoint already does this with versioning turned on.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

@RandyHayes 

Thank you.  I am using SharePoint as well for my data sources and lists and am familiar with the versioning.  Just thought it would be nice to have that activity on the actual form itself as opposed to going to the list and having to mouse over a record, click version history etc.  I remember building this out quite easily in InfoPath in the footer of my forms and a SPD workflow would run to update the activity field.  Probably I can also explore this with Power Automate?  You actually gave me some ideas so thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,186)