cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Maintaining Combobox Value From SharePoint

Hello, I am building a SharePoint Custom List Form in PowerApps. I have a ComboBox called "Topics," connected to a Choice Field in SharePoint, and in which selections are dependent upon another drop-down list called "Sub-Area of Focus," which contains values from a lookup table also in SharePoint. 

My issue is that selecting and saving as many Topics as needed seems to work fine, but I haven't found a way to maintain the values once working in Edit Mode. I believe the way I am using the DataCard's Update property is clearing the existing values. Here are my current elements and properties:

"TopicsBox" ComboBox Control:

Items:

Distinct(Filter(Choices(SharePointList.Topics),Value in Filter(SubAreaTopicFY20,SubArea=SubAreaFocusDropDown.Selected.Result).Topic),Value)

( - SubAreaTopicFY20 is a lookup table in SharePoint)

OnChange:

UpdateContext({SelectedTopics: TopicsBox.Selecteditems})

Topics_DataCard:

Update:

ForAll(SelectedTopics,{Value: Result}))

I am using a "Save and Continue" button so users can continue work on the same form after they initially save. So on CreateItemForm I have the OnSuccess property set to:

Refresh(SharePointList); EditForm(CreateItemForm)

I'm guessing that at CreateItemForm's OnSuccess property, and in the EditItemForm's OnVisible property, I need to assign the existing Topics saved in SharePoint to a variable. And then I need to add any new SelectedTopics to that variable. So I'm looking for advice on how to carry that out. I seem to have mixed results assigning SharePointIntegration.Selected.Topics to a variable, which should be a table, but the only way I've found to "grab" those table records is to use With() function to concatenate the values into a string. 

Any help is always appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Maintaining Combobox Value From SharePoint

Hello,

I don't know the solution, but if there are no other inputs you can create a Support Ticket with Microsoft to get this checked further.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Rohit Sharma

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Maintaining Combobox Value From SharePoint

Thanks @rohsh354 .

I ended up finding that saving to a collection at the ComboBox's OnChange property allowed me to save the combobox selections more smoothly. However, this has resulted in a new issue that I may have to create a new topic question on - how to get the existing saved selections from SharePoint and pre-populate the collection with them when loading the Edit Form. 

Thanks for your reply, it's good to know I can create a ticket if needed. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,008)