cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PabloE

Make SearchBox remember last user input

Hi community!

I didn't find howto do this, not sure if possible but I think is good idea to improve users experience in Book a room app.

When the user goes to screen where it has a list of rooms list, user must choose the rooms list every time it launches the app. But I was thinking in an improvement: Remember the last search, so the user doesn't need to type same search or scroll down to find the room list every time.

PabloE_0-1623332021974.png

Currently searchBox default value is empty, so I want to add a default value if there is a record in some cache or persistent storage saved last input typed by the user.

Not sure if possible or howto resolve it, so that's main reason why I'm posting this question here.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance to everyone who replies.

2 REPLIES 2
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@PabloE You can have a combination of Both. You can save the current searches in a Collection and Patch it to a Persistent storage when the user quits. When the user starts the App again, you can load the stored values into that same collection (you'll do this in the OnStart of the App or in the OnVisible of the screen) and keep adding to it as the user make more searches. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,141)