Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kosenurm
Super User
Super User

Make TextInput field Editable on toggle to true

Hi there, 

I have a textinput field which displaymode is set to View.  The Default content is set by other fields in the screen. 

On switching a toggle to true, I want this textinput field to be set Edit, so that the user can amend the Default text.

I have tried, on the Toggle's OnCheck property, the below, but the textinput field is staying as view and can't be edited?

If(Toggle1.Value=true, TextInput1.DisplayMode.Edit, TextInput1.DisplayMode.View)

Any ideas please?

Many thanks

K.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Kosenurm ,
Instead of adding formula on check property of toggle add formula to DisplayMode of TextInput field - 
DisplayMode of TextInput field - If(Toggle1.Value, DisplayMode.Edit, DisplayMode.View)
OR
If(Toggle1.Value, DisplayMode.Edit, DisplayMode.Disabled)

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Kosenurm ,
Instead of adding formula on check property of toggle add formula to DisplayMode of TextInput field - 
DisplayMode of TextInput field - If(Toggle1.Value, DisplayMode.Edit, DisplayMode.View)
OR
If(Toggle1.Value, DisplayMode.Edit, DisplayMode.Disabled)

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,319)