cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
syhrh
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Make a Value Visible when A Choice is Selected from Another Sharepoint List

Hi, I created 2 People columns; Approver Level 1 and Approver Level 2. I want that when the user fills in the form in the Employee list in the Approval Type column, their Approvers name will be visible. Approver Level 1 and Approver Level 2 are set in the Approvers list and both are People columns. Can anyone please help me?

anonymous21_0-1655970934547.pngApproval Type column is a choice column.

anonymous21_2-1655971167320.png

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @syhrh,

So Sorry for the mistake😂:

LookUp(Approver,Title=DataCardValue3.Selected.Value).'Approver Level 1'.DisplayName

Just replace the + with the =

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
jcfDaniel
Super User
Super User

Hi,

In those Approver labels you should be able to do a lookup based on the value of the approval type.

Something like Lookup( ApproverList, ApprovalType = ApprovalTypeDropdown.SelectedText.Value ).Level1Approver.DisplayName

Regards. JD.
AJ_vizMan
Helper V
Helper V

@syhrh - You need to use lookup column.
Create a Lookup column in 'test- Leave Request' SharePoint List.

Procedure to follow is explained here : 

https://kwizcom.com/blog/sharepoint-lookup-column/#:~:text=A%20Lookup%20column%20is%20one,are%20retr....

Catchup this section : "How to Create an Out-of-the-box Lookup Column in SharePoint"

@jcfDanielThank you for replying. Which property should I input this formula? 

@AJ_vizMan Thank you for your suggestion. The link given shows that the values need to be selected. I want the Approver Level 1 and Approver Level 2 columns are view mode only and be automated when any Approval type is selected.

Hi @syhrh , in the label´s text.

Regards. JD.

@jcfDaniel but there's no label's text. The datacard and its datacardvalue don't have Text

@jcfDaniel 

anonymous21_0-1656035935910.png

this is the Items property in the Approver Level 1 datacard. I'm trying to filter only Approver Level 1 display name with the Approval Type (DataCardValue3) that will appear in the box. But it's blank when I run it. How to make it right?

Hi,

I don't use forms so I don't know much about them but there is a text property in DataCardValue, assuming the column is text in your table.

Regards. JD.

@jcfDaniel No, there's no text property in DataCardValue. I searched for it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,902)