cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ØsFënrîr
Helper I
Helper I

Make a comparison between a collection and a database(Sharpoint)

Hello everyone.
as a new powerapps user I still don't know
these limits.
I'm trying to find out if it is possible to
make a comparison between a collection and a
Db (sharepoint) because my tests does not works: If (help.question = 'Bdd quest dli'.Quest; Gray) help = My collection
'Bdd quest dli' = My database P.S I use the European version

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @ØsFënrîr it is possible to compare a collection to SharePoint as they are both data sources. however, you must be sure to state which entry you are comparing to which as both may have multiple entries.

for example on a label you could compare the first entries from each datasource fill =  If(first(help).question = first(bbd).question, Gray)  or in a gallery 

//check if the question from help exists in bbd

if(countrows(filter(bbd, question = thisitem.question)) > 0 , Gray). there are other ways to do this as well.

Hope it helps

hey there if you liked the post give it a thumbs up, and if it solved your question please accept it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

hi @ØsFënrîr it is possible to compare a collection to SharePoint as they are both data sources. however, you must be sure to state which entry you are comparing to which as both may have multiple entries.

for example on a label you could compare the first entries from each datasource fill =  If(first(help).question = first(bbd).question, Gray)  or in a gallery 

//check if the question from help exists in bbd

if(countrows(filter(bbd, question = thisitem.question)) > 0 , Gray). there are other ways to do this as well.

Hope it helps

hey there if you liked the post give it a thumbs up, and if it solved your question please accept it as a solution.

Well that have more helping that you think!

I was finally able to finish this point, thank you very much for your help and your explanations \●/

rubin_boer
Super User
Super User

@ØsFënrîr  you are most welcome.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,460)