cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris110
Helper I
Helper I

Make another field required based on Combo box selection

I have a Combo box in my Power App and if someone selects one of the choices, I want to make another field editable and required.

The problem I'm running into - unless the person picks the dependent choice first, the logic doesn't work.

For example

Combo box choices (field name is dd_fruit)

Apple

Banana

Cherry

Dragonfruit

I have a Text field and want it to become required if the user selects Apple OR Cherry. If the person selects either choice FIRST or LAST, the logic seems to work...but if the person selects Cherry then Banana, it doesn't.

Here's what I have in DisplayMode for the Text field -- If("Banana" in dd_fruit.Selected.Value,Edit,Disabled)

And the same scenario but the combo-box choice drives a single-select dropdown.

I know I'm close but definitely not quite there...any help is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

If the combo box is multi select then the formula should look like this:
If("Banana" in dd_fruit.SelectedItems.Value,Edit,Disabled)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

If the combo box is multi select then the formula should look like this:
If("Banana" in dd_fruit.SelectedItems.Value,Edit,Disabled)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

BINGO! Thank you Jeff!!! (I knew I was sort of close haha!)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,665)