cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerapps890
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Make component dynamic

I have a component and this is what's in the active step: Table({Id:1, Label:"Submitted",Visible:true}, {Id:2, Label:"M Review",Visible:true}, {Id:3, Label:"BReview",Visible:true}, {Id:4, Label:"Entry",Visible:true}, {Id:5, Label:"Voted",Visible:true}, {Id:6, Label:"Release",Visible:true}, {Id:7, Label:"Blocked/On Hold",Visible:true}, {Id:8, Label:"Cancelled",Visible:true}). Each new screen has active step 1-7. My question is is there a way to change the active step based on a button. So I would want specifically a form screen to change based on what step its on. The way it would get the information is either from a combobox or a button being pushed. Is this possible.

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@powerapps890 

I have some ideas for you, but could you expand on your scenario a little bit further?  I want to make sure I understand you completely. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Yes, so I have a form and inside the form there is a dropdown called M&S review and BRM review. So if the dropwdown chosen is M&S review I want the bar at the top to jump to M&S Review. The way it works is when the form is submitted it immediately goes into M&S review so when they click that specific item from the gallery I want the bar to have the check next to M&S Review. Then when BRM is chosen I want the forms bar to bump up to BRM Review. Then when an input is put in another datacard called HPQC I want the bar to bump up again. So that is how I want it to work logically. The trouble I am having is that you can only have one active step on the form unless there is a way to do an if statement using if the datacard values are empty or not. @RandyHayes 

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@powerapps890 

That is actually a bit different than I was imagining.  So, thanks for clarifying. 

What I would do is to set an Input property on the Component called Step (numeric)

Set that property in your screen to be the step that you are on.

Then in your component, for the circles change their color based on the input property value.

ex.  If(yourComponent.Step >= ThisItem.Id, yourCurrentFillColor, yourNotCurrentFillColor)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,560)