Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

Make connection for only one user

InkedMicrosoftTeams-image (4)_LI.jpg

I have a running app which all the employee using. Employees don't have any kind of license. I have created security account in Azure Ad and they are using PowerApps based on that. Today i added email functionality which only Floor Manager will use. He has email license so he can logged it to the app. But, other user's can't sign in. 

Any solution? I don't want to create separate app just for the manager. Emails will only be used by manager.

3 REPLIES 3
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Consider making separate 365 Groups for different types of app users. After doing that, you can query whether a particular logged in user is a member one group or the other and then use that info to customize the app experience for that kind of user.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Creating groups and checking if user is in that group i can do that. But, when i add the outlook connector in the app and share the app with the people who don't have outlook license they can't log in. 

Ah, now I understand.

Would it work for your situation to put the email functionality in a separate app, and then use the Launch() function to take the Manager there for that purpose only?

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,619)