cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mopower
Frequent Visitor

Make edit icon in CanvasApp invisible based on anothers Canvas App field selection

I have two Canvas app forms that are connected to each other with Power automate. one form let users submit and edit their requests, and the other form is used by management to view the information that users submitted and add additional items to it.

In my management form I have a choice column for Status => (New),(Reviewing),(Completed)

I would like to lock the forms edit icon from the user side when managment is reviewing the form meaning the (Status=Reviewing) in the management form.        

Thank you very much in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Mopower In the DisplayMode of the edit icon you'll have this formula (replace SPList2, ID & IDinTheForm with the actual names),

If(LookUp(SPList2, ID=IDinTheForm).Status="Reviewing", DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
CNT
Super User
Super User

@Mopower 

Put this formula in the DisplayMode of the Edit icon (replace StatusDropDown with the actual name),

If(StatusDropDown.Selected.Value="Reviewing", DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit )

Hope this helps!

Mopower
Frequent Visitor

The problem is I have two different PowerApp apps forms. I am trying to use the choice field named 'status' from my Managements app, in my second applications (Users) editi icon. How do I pass my choice as  variable so I can set the if condition.

mrleetyler
Resolver II
Resolver II

is the data being held anywhere such as Sharepoint, CDS etc.? if so you could update the status with one then read the status column from your data source with the second app.

@Mopower Do you have 2 separate Apps or 2 Forms in 1 App. Could you please clarify?

Screen shots would be helpful. 

Mopower
Frequent Visitor

I have two Different Apps that uses two different sharepoint list. I would like to use the choice field from my first app to set a condition.

@Mopower Could you share a bit more on why 2 list when Users and Management are looking at the same information. The more info you share the sooner we can find a solution!

Mopower
Frequent Visitor

The Management list has additional column items in it that the users list dont have. My users list hold just basic user information, and the management list imports those info from the users list and builds on it. It make sense to use one sp list but this is the requirement from client.

@Mopower In the DisplayMode of the edit icon you'll have this formula (replace SPList2, ID & IDinTheForm with the actual names),

If(LookUp(SPList2, ID=IDinTheForm).Status="Reviewing", DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit)

currently its 1 form in 1 app

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,772)