cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mopower
Frequent Visitor

Make edit icon in CanvasApp invisible based on anothers Canvas App field selection

I have two Canvas app forms that are connected to each other with Power automate. one form let users submit and edit their requests, and the other form is used by management to view the information that users submitted and add additional items to it.

In my management form I have a choice column for Status => (New),(Reviewing),(Completed)

I would like to lock the forms edit icon from the user side when managment is reviewing the form meaning the (Status=Reviewing) in the management form.        

Thank you very much in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Mopower In the DisplayMode of the edit icon you'll have this formula (replace SPList2, ID & IDinTheForm with the actual names),

If(LookUp(SPList2, ID=IDinTheForm).Status="Reviewing", DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Mopower 

Put this formula in the DisplayMode of the Edit icon (replace StatusDropDown with the actual name),

If(StatusDropDown.Selected.Value="Reviewing", DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit )

Hope this helps!

Mopower
Frequent Visitor

The problem is I have two different PowerApp apps forms. I am trying to use the choice field named 'status' from my Managements app, in my second applications (Users) editi icon. How do I pass my choice as  variable so I can set the if condition.

mrleetyler
Resolver I
Resolver I

is the data being held anywhere such as Sharepoint, CDS etc.? if so you could update the status with one then read the status column from your data source with the second app.

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Mopower Do you have 2 separate Apps or 2 Forms in 1 App. Could you please clarify?

Screen shots would be helpful. 

Mopower
Frequent Visitor

I have two Different Apps that uses two different sharepoint list. I would like to use the choice field from my first app to set a condition.

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Mopower Could you share a bit more on why 2 list when Users and Management are looking at the same information. The more info you share the sooner we can find a solution!

Mopower
Frequent Visitor

The Management list has additional column items in it that the users list dont have. My users list hold just basic user information, and the management list imports those info from the users list and builds on it. It make sense to use one sp list but this is the requirement from client.

CNT
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Mopower In the DisplayMode of the edit icon you'll have this formula (replace SPList2, ID & IDinTheForm with the actual names),

If(LookUp(SPList2, ID=IDinTheForm).Status="Reviewing", DisplayMode.Disabled, DisplayMode.Edit)

View solution in original post

currently its 1 form in 1 app

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,096)