cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make form button required

I am trying to make a custom form for a list. I want the users to click the submit button on the form as it will kickoff a flow instead of having them click the built in save button at the top. Is there a way to make clicking a powerapps button required? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Loken,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to force the users to click the custom PowerApps button rather than the built-in "Save" button?

Currently, within PowerApps, there is no direct way to make clicking a PowerApps button required.

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to remove the formula within the OnSave property of the SharePointIntegration control. Then add another PowerApps button (called "SubmitForm") to submit your form data instead of the built-in "Save" button at the top.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Set the OnSave property of the SharePointIntegration control to following:

Notify("Please click the following custom PowerApps buttons to perform your actions",NotificationType.Information)

Set the OnSelect property of the "Trigger Flow" button to following:

'20180424_case10'.Run()

On your side, you should type:

'YourFlowName'.Run()  /* <-- Type your trigger flow formula here */

Set the OnSelect property of the "Submit Form" button to following:

SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

Please check the attached GIF screenshot for more details:

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I'm not sure if there is a way to do exactly what you want... however I wonder if you would have any luck doing something like:

...add another field to the SharePoint List and make it required

...add a text control to the form, but do not show the field to the user (invisible)

...fill the control only when your "Submit" button is pressed, then continue with the Save and the Flow

That should result in a warning when a user tries to simply hit the "save" button at the top, as the required field will not have information in it.

The circumstance you will have to prepare for is if the user revisits a record that has previously been saved (that is, the hidden field already has data in it). Maybe that isn't even in the scope of your users' interaction with the app, but if it is, you'll have to look into blanking the control (not the field) when the record is pulled up again. By only blanking the control (not the underlying field) you leave the user the ability to walk away from or cancel their update.

Just a thought. Someone might have another, more elegant solution for the button-requirement, though.

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Loken

Instead of triggering your Flow from a button, could you not trigger it from the SharePoint 'When an item is created or modified' trigger?

image.png

That way, you won't need to worry about making the button required.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Loken,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to force the users to click the custom PowerApps button rather than the built-in "Save" button?

Currently, within PowerApps, there is no direct way to make clicking a PowerApps button required.

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to remove the formula within the OnSave property of the SharePointIntegration control. Then add another PowerApps button (called "SubmitForm") to submit your form data instead of the built-in "Save" button at the top.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Set the OnSave property of the SharePointIntegration control to following:

Notify("Please click the following custom PowerApps buttons to perform your actions",NotificationType.Information)

Set the OnSelect property of the "Trigger Flow" button to following:

'20180424_case10'.Run()

On your side, you should type:

'YourFlowName'.Run()  /* <-- Type your trigger flow formula here */

Set the OnSelect property of the "Submit Form" button to following:

SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

Please check the attached GIF screenshot for more details:

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Removing OnSave from sharepoint integration looks like what I need. TomRohr's suggestion looks like it would also work. I will work on testing today.  Thanks for your help! 

That worked well, I do not need to add the button at all as i can use the OnSave option under sharepoint integration to start the flow and submit the form at the same time. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,746)