Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
posey
Helper I
Helper I

Make only the first item returned from a filtered gallery selectable

Hello, 

My goal is to make it where only the first item in a gallery is selectable, forcing the user to select the item that is next line, but still be able to see what's coming up. 

This question is two part, is the solution I'm attempting the best approach or is there another solution for making only the first item returned in a gallery selectable. 

The best solution I've been able to come up with is so far is to have two galleries on the page one which displays all filtered items and one that only displays the first item of the filtered gallery. I've tried using the following, which doesn't display errors but doesn't produce any results - 

SortByColumns(Filter(FirstN('Job Managements', 1),Not(IsBlank('Pick End'))&&IsBlank('Build Assigned To')), "cr70d_jobdue", If(sortAscending,Descending))

1 REPLY 1
dyee4613
Helper V
Helper V

When I create a form gallery, I like to do it like this

{Q_ID = 1, Q_Desc = "Question", Ans: ""}
{Q_ID = 2, Q_Desc = "Question", Ans: ""}

If you do it like this, you can use a single gallery.  Basically, what you do is you make two copies of all the stuff you put inside the gallery.  For example, you can use a label for the question and a yes no box.  For the first copy, you want to set the visible status to "If(ThisItem.Q_ID=1,true,false)".  For the second copy you want to set the visible status to "If(ThisItem.Q_ID=1,false,true)".  Then you set the status of duplicates to displaymode.disabled

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,226)