cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Make value of field equal to value of field in another list without LookUp Column

Hello,

I have List A and List B. List A and List B contain a lot of similar fields, with List B copying over the values of List A via lookup fields. At this point though I am out of lookup fields allowed but need one more column to pull a value over from List A to List B. 

I am in the form of List B and have added both A and B as connections. I need the default value of a field called "Change Type" on list B to be equal to the the Change Type field of list A. There is a secondary field called 'ACR No' that can be used as the unique value to reference (Change Type will not be unique).

Current code looks like this but I'm not sure its correct at all (DataCardValue35_1 is the 'ACR No' field for List B: LookUp('Application Change Request', DataCardValue35_1 = 'Application Change Request'.'ACR No')

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Make value of field equal to value of field in another list without LookUp Column

@colbyc 

Actually, I take that last message back...

I looked over your pictures more thoroughly and determined that it is a TextInput control.

What we need to know more about is the Change Type column in your SharePoint list.

If it is a choice column (I'm guessing that it is based on the results you're seeing), then change your formula to this:

LookUp('Application Change Request', 
       'ACR No' = DataCardValue35_1.Selected.Value,
       'Change Type'.Value
)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Make value of field equal to value of field in another list without LookUp Column

@colbyc 

Consider the following change to your Formula:

'ACR No' = DataCardValue35_1.Text,
       'Change Type'
)

If the text in your DataCardValue control matches an ACR Number in the Application Change Request list, then it will return the Change Type.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hey Randy, This is giving me an invalid argument type error. Any idea why that might be?

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@colbyc 

Can you supply more detail as to where it is showing the error?  Some screen shots would be helpful and also where you are putting your formula and any other information relevant to resolve.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@RandyHayes 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@colbyc 

What kind of control is DataCardValue35_1 ?

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@RandyHayes 

It is a lookup column/field populated from List A

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@colbyc 

Yes, but what kind of control??  I assume it is a ComboBox at this point. 

As such, this will then depend on the Items of the ComboBox control, but I will again assume that it is set to the other list, which has an ACR No column in it.

If all is assumed correctly, then your formula should be:

'ACR No' = DataCardValue35_1.Selected.'ACR No',
       'Change Type'
)

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

@RandyHayes 

Hey Randy, sorry I'm new-ish to powerapps, what exactly do you mean by control? How would I identify that

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,677)