cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colbyc
Helper III
Helper III

Make value of field equal to value of field in another list without LookUp Column

Hello,

I have List A and List B. List A and List B contain a lot of similar fields, with List B copying over the values of List A via lookup fields. At this point though I am out of lookup fields allowed but need one more column to pull a value over from List A to List B. 

I am in the form of List B and have added both A and B as connections. I need the default value of a field called "Change Type" on list B to be equal to the the Change Type field of list A. There is a secondary field called 'ACR No' that can be used as the unique value to reference (Change Type will not be unique).

Current code looks like this but I'm not sure its correct at all (DataCardValue35_1 is the 'ACR No' field for List B: LookUp('Application Change Request', DataCardValue35_1 = 'Application Change Request'.'ACR No')

25 REPLIES 25

@RandyHayes that (kind of) worked! The Change Type value is now appearing on the edit/view form as the default value. Its not though appearing as the actual value on the list itself... the column looks empty until I click on the entry and see it on the form. Is there somewhere I can put this to get it to appear on the list? Was I wrong trying to put in the Default box?

@colbyc 

So are you actually writing it to your SharePoint list??

What is the Update property of the DataCard that has DataCardValue10 in it?

Yes, the lookup will work all the time, but unless you are writing that into your actual SharePoint List, it's not going to appear anywhere else.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes I'd like to actually write it to the SP list...the current Update value is DataCardValue10.Text

@colbyc 

Okay...that's a good start.  That appears to be the correct formula assuming that the ACR No in your SharePoint list that your EditForm is connected to is a text column.

Have you actually submitted a form?  Have you looked at your SharePoint list to see if the value is written into the proper column?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

@RandyHayes 

Just figured it out myself, needed to put in same parameters on the new form as well as edit. Thank you so much for all your help! Will go back and mark one of your earlier responses as Solution.

@colbyc 

Glad to help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,255)