Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morall
Microsoft
Microsoft

Making a button opaque / see through

I was watching this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGKyW4b_VXk

The author is able to make a button "see through" with a HTML rectangle (in the shape of a button) behind it with shading. They are able to make the button see through so you can see the shading.

How does he do this? Any ideas? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @morall ,

Set the fourth RGBA value in the Fill to a decimal for instance RGBA(128, 128, 128, 0.5) will get a nice semi-transparent grey

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @morall ,

Set the fourth RGBA value in the Fill to a decimal for instance RGBA(128, 128, 128, 0.5) will get a nice semi-transparent grey

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

In the RGBA() function the 4th parameter is a decimal value between 0 (transparent) and 1 (solid).  So the following would be the standard blue color at 50% transparency.  Assign that to the Fill property of the button.

RGBA(56, 96, 178, .5)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

This video using bade64 is quite straight forward alternative;

https://youtu.be/BlSivf3bErA

Addition to what @WarrenBelz  and @Pstork1  have said

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,289)