cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bletillafoliosa
Regular Visitor

Making a search bar deletes my data?

I'm trying to create an app from data, and I've linked a Google Sheet called "MembersList". I can get the data to show up in BrowseGallery1, but when I edit the "Items" formula to try to make a search bar, it gives me an error and says there's no data linked.

Here's what I put into the formula:

SortByColumns(Search('MembersList'; TextSearchBox1.Text; "Name"; "Phone"; "Email"; "Year" ); "Name"; If(SortDescending1; Descending; Ascending))

The thing that I don't understand is that this was working for me earlier, and I'm not sure why it would suddenly give me this error. Attached is a screenshot of what it looks like when I try to put the formula in.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Making a search bar deletes my data?

Hi @bletillafoliosa

To help diagnose this problem, I would deconstruct the formula to find out the point at which the error occurs.

To begin, if you set the items property to just the data source, do you get any errors?

'MembersList'

If not, I would try this:

Search('MembersList'; TextSearchBox1.Text; "Name"; "Phone"; "Email"; "Year" )

Finally, I would try the full formula again to see if the SortByColumns formula is the cause of the error.

Another thing that can help is when you hover the mouse over the red exclaimation marks, what is the exact error message that you see? Also, it might also help to refresh you data source via the View > Data Sources menu.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Making a search bar deletes my data?

Hi @bletillafoliosa

To help diagnose this problem, I would deconstruct the formula to find out the point at which the error occurs.

To begin, if you set the items property to just the data source, do you get any errors?

'MembersList'

If not, I would try this:

Search('MembersList'; TextSearchBox1.Text; "Name"; "Phone"; "Email"; "Year" )

Finally, I would try the full formula again to see if the SortByColumns formula is the cause of the error.

Another thing that can help is when you hover the mouse over the red exclaimation marks, what is the exact error message that you see? Also, it might also help to refresh you data source via the View > Data Sources menu.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,299)