cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaguarMonkey
Helper I
Helper I

Making an app that opens in NewForm edit screen by default

I am working on a problem where general users will only have a single screen that allows them to report an item that require fixing, similar to the common inspection app, but without a browse screen or details screen.

How can I make it so that it opens at the EditScreen in NewForm mode?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

In the App object in the control tree in Power Apps there is a property for Start Screen.  Set the value of that property to the EditScreen in NewForm mode.  The app will always use that screen as the first screen displayed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

In the App object in the control tree in Power Apps there is a property for Start Screen.  Set the value of that property to the EditScreen in NewForm mode.  The app will always use that screen as the first screen displayed.

PTBBSolutions
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @JaguarMonkey ,

Change the DefaultMode of your form to New. Everytime you open the form it will be a new form and it will be editable.

JaguarMonkey
Helper I
Helper I

@PTBBSolutions and @Pstork1 Thank you.  This seems to work.  I have a brief but noticeable moment though where I get a black screen with the message "No data source provided" before the form loads. 🤔

You've got a couple options.

1) Check your settings to make sure you don't have delayed load enabled.

2) Create a splash screen with a timer on it that is the start screen.  Then when the timer expires navigate to the new screen.  The splash screen timer can be set to a short period to cover the time it takes to initialize the connection and get the data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,708)