cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leslie_rivera
Resolver II
Resolver II

Making checkboxes required if other is blank

I am building a canvas power app with a Yes or No columns with check boxes. I want to make it so users are forced to pick either yes or no for each question. Basically making checkbox 1 required if checkbox 2 is blank or vice versa.

How can I enforce that without disabling?

leslie_rivera_0-1619215518826.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

@leslie_rivera ,

I understood that you simply want to test that one is filled in. A Radio control with two values, you simply need to say

If(
   IsBlank(RadioName.Selected.Value),
    . . do whatever . . . 
)

I use this one regularly for exactly what you described and it simply enforces that a choice has been made.

Am I missing something here?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

leslie_rivera
Resolver II
Resolver II

Thanks!! I got it to work on the DisplauMode property of my submit button

If(IsBlank(DepartmentField.Text) || IsBlank(Q1.Text) || IsBlank(Q2.Text) || IsBlank(Q3.Text)|| IsBlank(Q5.Text) || IsBlank(Q6.Text) || IsBlank(Q7.Text) || IsBlank(Q8.Text),
DisplayMode.Disabled,
DisplayMode.Edit
)

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @leslie_rivera ,

Have you thought of making a Radio control with Yes and No as the options and making input required?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

leslie_rivera
Resolver II
Resolver II

No thats not going to work. I need and IF statement using OR.

IF checkbox 1y or checkbox 2y is blank

@leslie_rivera ,

I understood that you simply want to test that one is filled in. A Radio control with two values, you simply need to say

If(
   IsBlank(RadioName.Selected.Value),
    . . do whatever . . . 
)

I use this one regularly for exactly what you described and it simply enforces that a choice has been made.

Am I missing something here?

leslie_rivera
Resolver II
Resolver II

Thanks!! I got it to work on the DisplauMode property of my submit button

If(IsBlank(DepartmentField.Text) || IsBlank(Q1.Text) || IsBlank(Q2.Text) || IsBlank(Q3.Text)|| IsBlank(Q5.Text) || IsBlank(Q6.Text) || IsBlank(Q7.Text) || IsBlank(Q8.Text),
DisplayMode.Disabled,
DisplayMode.Edit
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,992)