cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris110
Helper I
Helper I

Manage SharePoint Site Permissions and Groups with PowerApps and or Power Automate

We have a team of approximately 400 people around 10 SharePoint sites with countless SharePoint Groups that control permissions. When a new person joins, they're added to certain SharePoint groups based on their roles/responsibilities, etc. When someone leaves (internal transfer within the company or otherwise), we're SUPPOSED to remove their access to the groups...but I have a strange feeling we need a good security review.

Managing permissions via SharePoint is...not the most efficient thing in the world. I'm looking to do a few things with a new app to help us more easily manage security. Here's what I came up with but not sure how to get started really!

Screen 1 (Welcome/Start) - 2 buttons > Manage Groups / Manage User

Screen 2 (Manage Groups - Group List) - connect to a SP site > view all groups associated to the SP site in a gallery > when selecting an item in the gallery, go to another screen that contains the gallery of users within that group

Screen 3 (Manage Groups - User List) - gallery containing the list of users > add/remove people as needed from here

Screen 4 (Manage User) - connect to a SP site > search for a User > gallery of all groups they have been added to > remove them from the groups as needed (bonus: add them to a new group > fine if it's on another screen)

This assumes that the person who is performing the task in PowerApps has the necessary permissions to remove them from the groups. I appreciate any guidance. Thanks a lot in advance!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,010)