cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
willyzh
Advocate II
Advocate II

Managed Metadata column was not submitted in the SharePoint List if I have a flow running in the OnSuccess function of the Power Apps form

Hi Community,

I have met an issue when I was building a Power App Canvas app. After the form submission (Form1.Submit()), the data in the managed metadata columns are not submitted to the SharePoint list. After investigation, I found that, if I remove the Power Automate flow from the "OnSuccess()" function of the form, then the data of those columns can be saved to the SP List. However, they won't be saved if the flow remains in the "OnSuccess()" function.

Do you know why this happens and how this can be resolved?

Here is the formula running in the OnSuccess:

// Update another list with the form's title and collection's content

ForAll(
   MyCollection,
   Patch(
      'Another SP List',
      Defaults('Another SP List'),
      {
            Reference: Form1.LastSubmit.Title,

Content: CollectionContent
      }
   )
);

// Trigger the flow to run using the ID of the form as a parameter
'myflow'.Run(Form1.LastSubmit.ID);

// Navigate to the success screen with a message
Navigate(
   SuccessScreen,
   ScreenTransition.Cover,
   {varSuccessMsg: "Your form has been submitted successfully."}
);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
willyzh
Advocate II
Advocate II

After further investigation by looking into the version history of the SP List item, it turns out that the fields were actually saved, but made blank by the flow's "Update Item" action.

To solve this issue, I had to go inside of the flow, locate to the "Update Item" action, and for all the Managed Metadata columns, click the "down arrow" icon, select "Enter custom value" and remain the field as blank. This will indicate that no change to this field, otherwise the action will think I meant to update it as blank.

willyzh_0-1627315921650.png

Hope this gives you some inspiration during your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
willyzh
Advocate II
Advocate II

After further investigation by looking into the version history of the SP List item, it turns out that the fields were actually saved, but made blank by the flow's "Update Item" action.

To solve this issue, I had to go inside of the flow, locate to the "Update Item" action, and for all the Managed Metadata columns, click the "down arrow" icon, select "Enter custom value" and remain the field as blank. This will indicate that no change to this field, otherwise the action will think I meant to update it as blank.

willyzh_0-1627315921650.png

Hope this gives you some inspiration during your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,840)