cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheSauce
Frequent Visitor

Managed Metadata fields not loading data for selected SharePoint item

Hi All,

When viewing a SharePoint item through a Power App all fields load the item data except for my managed metadata. I have several PowerApps that are similar and do load the metadata but somehow this particular one wouldn't load it. 

When creating the item it does accept the managed metadata selections, it just doesn't load it again when viewing the item. 

Any ideas?

Thanks in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheSauce
Frequent Visitor

Resolved the issue by removing the Managed Metadata from my SharePoint list and re-adding them. All settings left by default first and second time. Worked second time around - Must be an internal bug or something. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TheSauce
Frequent Visitor

Resolved the issue by removing the Managed Metadata from my SharePoint list and re-adding them. All settings left by default first and second time. Worked second time around - Must be an internal bug or something. 

Aniket_Gharat
Frequent Visitor

I was having similar issue when I've bulk updated 1000+ managed metadata fields using PowerShell. 
The fields were showing data in SharePoint but PowerApps was showing no data in managed metadata field.
Editing and Saving the record in SharePoint without making any change resolved this issue.
To update 1000+ records I simply created a flow to Get all items in list and update managed metadata field with same value.

meta.jpg

marpio
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have solved the issue just unselecting the Allow searching option for the combobox.

Btw, after this even if re-selected (the search option), the issue is not returning.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,676)