Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NguyenHuu
Helper III
Helper III

Manager do not receive Leave request

Dear All,

I created Leave Request on PowerApp for my company but when i submit the request by Login as an Employee, my Manager can receive  my request via email but he didn't see my request on PowerApp(Login as a Manager) to approve.  You can see steps as i capture bellow. Would you please give me your advise to resolve this case. Thank you so much

NguyenHuu_5-1594689989876.png

NguyenHuu_6-1594690000465.png

3.Manager  get the notification mail of leave request but do not get the request on Power App

NguyenHuu_7-1594690160232.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

What did you use for a back end data source? I think the sample is built to use Excel in your OneDrive, which your manager doesn't have access to. This video explains how to adapt the sample app to be a complete app

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

What did you use for a back end data source? I think the sample is built to use Excel in your OneDrive, which your manager doesn't have access to. This video explains how to adapt the sample app to be a complete app

View solution in original post

Thank so much  

v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NguyenHuu ,

Could you tell me:
1)what is your data source?

2)what are the changes that you made in the template leave request app?

3)please check whether you log in with the requester's approval's account?

Only the  requester's approval could view the requests that the employees created.

You could check the employee's manager in azure admin center:

https://portal.azure.com

Please notice the GalleryRequests' Items in HomeScreen:

Sort(
    If(_requestTypeFilter="All",
      Filter(LeaveCollection, If(_managerView, Approver = _myProfile.UserPrincipalName, Requester = _myProfile.UserPrincipalName)), 
      Filter(LeaveCollection, Status=_requestTypeFilter && If(_managerView, Approver = _myProfile.UserPrincipalName, Requester = _myProfile.UserPrincipalName)) ), StartDate, Descending)

LeaveCollection will be filtered based on approver when you log in as a manager.

LeaveCollection will be filtered based on requester when you log in as an employee.

What's more, please notice:

LeaveCollection will be refreshed automatically when you restart the app.

So if you create some requests as an employee, then close the app. When you log in as a manager, you will not be able to view those requests as this collection has been refreshed.

Please notice the app's OnStart:

ClearCollect(LeaveCollection, 
     {Title: "Vacation", Detail: "Example vacation request", StartDate: Today(), EndDate: DateAdd(Today(), 6, Days), LeaveType: "Vacation", Requester: _myProfile.UserPrincipalName, Approver: _myProfile.UserPrincipalName, 
     Status: "Pending", LeaveID: _myProfile.UserPrincipalName&Text(Now(), "[$-en-US]mm-dd-yyyy-hh-mm-ss-fff")});

//it will clear the requests that were created before.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear @v-yutliu-msft ,

1)what is your data source?--> i created Leave Request on PowerApp, it auto created one excel file store in OneDrive

2)what are the changes that you made in the template leave request app?--> i didn't change anything, just ask that can we make two level approve( First approve by Deparment manager, second approve by Gerneral Director) on this template

3)please check whether you log in with the requester's approval's account?--> Yes login by account at "Submit to" 

https://portal.azure.com --> i can't go to this link

For your code sharing i will test and feedback to you.

Thank so much.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Yes, it could be adjusted for two levels of approval.  But since Power Apps is declarative rather than procedural it won't be easy. You'll need to add a second approval button and control which button is enabled/disabled based on the status of the request.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,091)