cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eberry
Frequent Visitor

Manipulating data in datatables

I currently have 3 datatables on 1 screen. Datatable A is showing approved access housed in a SQL Table and is returning ID's for resources and access schedules.

Datatable 2 shows the list of all resources, along with their ID's, this is stored in its own table. Datatable 3 shows schedules and their ID's this is also stored in its own table. How can I have PowerApps query my information to give me a nice layout that'll just show what's been approved as well as the schedule it was approved for? I can filter Datatables 2 & 3 to show corresponding information with an entry in Datatable 1, but this will only show 1 item at a time, and it's possible that I could have multiple resources with their own schedules.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @eberry 

The easiest way to do this would be to create a SQL Server view that joins your 3 data tables. You can then add the view as a data source to your app, and display the view with gallery control.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @eberry 

The easiest way to do this would be to create a SQL Server view that joins your 3 data tables. You can then add the view as a data source to your app, and display the view with gallery control.

eberry
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the idea. That worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,208)