cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Manually set lookup column in new SharePoint list item

What I posted should work for CDS. It does not work for SharePoint though. Sorry about the wrong suggestion. We currently don't have a way to get choice values. 

Murali

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

That's unfortunate since this is the primary area in which I need it to work. The way I have worked around this issue is to create a collection that contains the values I need. The ID of each item is simply the 0 based index based on the position the item appears in the choice column. 

Screen.OnVisible = ClearCollect(priorityOptions,
{'@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",Id:0,Value:"Low"},
{'@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",Id:1,Value:"Normal"},
{'@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",Id:2,Value:"High"})

This works, but it is easily understandable why this could be problematic if the available choices change for a column in SharePoint.

I'm guessing this is on the roadmap. Any idea of a timeline in which this will become available?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@murali do you think we could look into how we might improve the power user expeirence here and work towards getting something on the roadmap? Whether the ability to manually pre-fetch and push back a value OR a significant performance boost on the out-of-box functionality..

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,629)