cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwittels
Advocate III
Advocate III

Map Control zoom level with "Use default location" off

I display points on my map using a gallery component with latitude and longitude columns in the data source. If I switch off "Use default location" on my map component, there does not appear to be a way to set the zoom level when I select my gallery items. The map just zooms right out. I cannot use default location as it causes problems with the starting point when my map loads, even if I set the defaults to Gallery1.Selected.Latitude etc. The map starts in the middle of the ocean and then doesn't centre on my pin when I select a gallery item. Is there a way to force a zoom level when a gallery item is clicked? Is there any other way to set zoom with default location off?

2 REPLIES 2
orchestrator

Having the same issue here. I can't zoom in or out or move the map in any way. I set the default zoom and location and that works fine, but when running the app any attempt to zoom in or out, or to move or rotate in the map just instantly returns to the default position. Also, and I don't know if this is related, pins are very difficult, but not impossible, to select.

OoloiJackal
Frequent Visitor

Figured this out last week. The issue was that the SharePoint list that map was connected to contained non-text data. With the map selected look under "Properties", select "Fields" and remove any images, attachments, etc. This should fix both the Zoom issues and the issues with selecting pins on the map. Not sure why those would have anything to do with each other but there you are. I just dedicated a separate space on the screen to display the images associated with those pins when they are selected.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,053)