cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrischkePro
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Massive bug in ComboBox causing chaos! The DisplayFields and SearchFields properties are RESET on load in Studio

So since yesterday, all our apps started misbehaving. PowerApps Studio version 3.22082.8.

All ComboBox controls (Single Double) and their DisplayFields and SearchFields values reset themselves to something completely random.

To fix this, we had to rename columns used in those fields to have AAA in front of them so that when you load the app, the studio would reset all those DisplayFields and SearchFields to those columns with AAAxxx

Microsoft you must fix this urgently and stop breaking things FFS. I also reported this via their amazing support portal...

GrischkePro_0-1661326655403.png

The app is connected to GitHub and we can clearly see what is happening:

GrischkePro_0-1661330799255.png

It happened on save straight after opening the app in studio mode? Seems related to an issue from 2018 when if you changed the items property, the DisplayFields value would change to "ComplianceAssetId" as mentioned in step 16: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Combo-Box-Display-Issue-Bug-Once-Upgraded-to...

23 REPLIES 23
haris00000001
Advocate I
Advocate I

Please explain more what is the problem.

Which part do you need explaining?

Please explain what the bug is because I am not having any issues with any comboboxes on my side. What is it that you are seeing now that you don't expect?

All ComboBox controls (Single or Double) and their DisplayFields and SearchFields values reset themselves to something completely random when you load the app in the studio. See screenshot in the original post.

Whats in your default field?

haris00000001
Advocate I
Advocate I

Sort(
'ListName',
Trim('ColumnName'),
Ascending
),
'ColumnName'
)

try to use this hope it will help u.

Mostly nothing, blank.

Some have various different formulas. Everything worked fine and this app was in development since May 2021.

AndrewValenzuel
Advocate II
Advocate II

did you find a solution to this?  Because I'm facing the exact same problem and can't get around it.

As per my first post, we had to rename all columns that are used in ComboBox controls to begin with AA, ie renamed StaffName to AAStaffName so that the ComboBox would reset to that column, first column in the alphabetical order. Otherwise it would typically reset to ComplianceAssetId column which in most cases was the first column...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,901)