cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Matching Algorithm in PowerApps? Is it Possible?

Hi all. 

I am required to do a matching algorithm where I need to check the compatibility rate between 2 people. Therefore, the compatibility rate would be dynamic. For example, the compatibility rate for A&B is 75%, but the compatibility rate for A&C is 45%. 

If I use SharePoint as my database, is it possible to do the Matching Algorithm in Power Apps? Any ideas & recommendations would help me a lot!

THANK YOU!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @_kikilalaaa 

Are you able to define as a mathematical expression, how you would derive your compatibility rate percentage value between the two people? If the answer is yes, you would most likely be able to write a formula to calculate this.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @_kikilalaaa ,

Could you please share more details about Matching algorithm in scenario to show us how to calculate the compatibility rate?

Based on what you've described, it's possible to do this, with the ForAll function to implement loops, and with collections and some aggregation functions to calculate the compatibility rates, but we need more detail to provide detailed solution.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,094)