cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackCuba
Frequent Visitor

Matching concatenated licenses in Sharepoint Column

Hello,

I have a text label that displays the result of concatenating multiple licenses from table "A", each license separated by a comma (Example: "ABC, AFR, DUFD-ER,"). I need to search for all of those licenses on list "B" column "Licenses" and return the ID for each license, concatenated. Any idea how I can accomplish this?

Thank you so much for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
eka24
Super User
Super User

Try in another textbox2 :

LookUp(ListB,Licenses=Textbox1.Text,ID)

Change Textbox1 to actual name of the Textbox that display results of concatenate license

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

JackCuba
Frequent Visitor

@eka24Thanks for replying. It doesn't work with multiple values :(.

The structure of the formula is ok. You may have to explain the multiple values further with example 

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

JackCuba
Frequent Visitor

This is always false ---> Licenses=Textbox1.Text

What I mean is, using the formula you provided I get a blank as a result. The reason is because my licensesLabel is the result of multiple licenses in a column (list "A") concatenated (Example: "ABC, AFR, DUFD-ER,"). 

Column "Licenses" on list "B" has a column with all my licenses and also their IDs, one per row. I am trying to compare the licenses in the licensesLabel to see if any of them are in the column "Licenses" on list "B" so I can retrieve their IDs. The problems are:

1- I am comparing multiple values vs one (licenses label vs "Licenses" column)

2- The values in the licensesLabel are separated by comma.

Hope this helps 😕

Thanks again!

I get the picture now.

In that case concatenate those column in ListB and use that column for comparison, like for like.

Create a collection Onvisible or OnStart

ClearCollect (ColListB, Addcolumns (ListB,"ConCatColumn", Concatenate (ListBColumn1,ListBColumn2)))

Then revise the formula to

LookUp(ColListB,ConCatColumn=Textbox1.Text,ID)

Ensure to use exact same Concatenate formula you used in the Textbox in the collection of different from what I did

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,347)