cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JillH
Helper III
Helper III

Max Lookup Columns

Hi there. I have a large SharePoint list, and in order to simplify entry across my company, I'm customizing the form. Great. However - I'm getting the issue below:

"The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: The query cannot be completed because the number of lookup columns it contains exceeds the lookup column threshold enforced by the administrator"

As I understand it, the limit is 12. Interesting, the root sharepoint list has 14 lookup columns (both Lookups and People/Groups included). But, two of those are Created by and Modified by, and since those don't show up on the Default SharePoint form, the form works. Similarly, all of the SharePoint views we use don't reference all 14 so those work too.

But - here we get to PowerApps. My custom for is only using about 6 of those 14. I could delete some of the other ones, but that would remove those entries in past records. Not ideal. 

Is there a work-around? Any ideas? I'm | | this close with the form but I'm stuck...

Thank you!

Jill

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @JillH 

PowerApps loads all the columns from the data source (no View based loading)

The limit is 12 lookups

This includes all person or group fields and date fields

Created By, Modified By, Created, Modified and 4 basic fields in every list/library

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @JillH 

PowerApps loads all the columns from the data source (no View based loading)

The limit is 12 lookups

This includes all person or group fields and date fields

Created By, Modified By, Created, Modified and 4 basic fields in every list/library

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Ok! Thanks for confirming that limit...

Hi @RezaDorrani How to handle this in PowerApps?

In my requirement I cannot delete any column and facing same issue?

In sharepoint view i removed the column but in PowerApps gallery how to control that?

Thanks Vishal

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (5,279)