cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

MaxAttachmentsText notification for Users in Attachment

I am using Attachment control in my APP in order to add files in sharepoint list. 

I understand that we have a limitation of 10 MB listed under MaxAttachmentSize, and when I try to upload any document more than 10 MB, it shows me MaxAttachmentsText message as "Max. number files reached.". However, when any other user tries to upload big files, they do not receive any alert message and are able to click submit button

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: MaxAttachmentsText notification for Users in Attachment

Do you mean that you see the error in the studio when developing, but users do not see it when playing the app?

This happens in some instances, where the app basically fails silently. Can you confirm that files > 10mb are not being uploaded even though they can click the button?

We may need to do a check and show the user a message before or after the click to better handle the scenario.

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@GarethPrisk  Yes. I seethe error in the studio when developing, but users do not see it when playing the app.

How can I add following alert message ? - Show the user a message before or after the click to better handle the scenario.

That Alert to be added with final submit button or when they try to add additional file when at 10 MB max limit  ?

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

There's a decent chance that the Validate function may work in this scenario. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-validate You can check the data source, or form, using this and it might return a message which will let you check if the file is too large.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thankyou Gareth. 

But my attachments are saved in a collection while the user is adding them in APP. Once they hit submit button then only it gets added onto the List . 

In this case, if size goes more than 10MB , they are able to hit submit button but none of the attachments get saved in list . 

I am unable to check the file size added into the collection in this process. Is there a way to verify file size before user hits submit button ? 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Actually I am wrong. Even , I also do not get any max size limit alert when added more than 10 MB size files. Only alert I get is when reached max file count . 

Am i missing anything here related to activating maxsize alert ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,380)