cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nehamittal
Frequent Visitor

Maximum allowed characters in Tooltip in powerapps

What is the maximum characters length displayed in the Tool Tip of a field? Is it possible to increase this limit it?

check below screen. Tool tip is trimmed with 3 dots

tooltip error.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nehamittal ,

Do you want to know the maximum character length supported in the ToolTip property inside canvas app?

Currently, there is no official doc mentioned about the character length limit for the ToolTip property of a control. I have made a test on my side, and the maximum character length of the ToolTip display for a control is 1006.

Note: The maximum character length value for ToolTip property may be different on your side.

In addition, there is no option to increase the display maximum character length limit of Tooltip property in canvas app. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

I suggest this tooltip is rather put in a Gallery. Users can then filter based on a combobox selection for each category

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

nehamittal
Frequent Visitor

thanks for suggestion eka, but we customer want this information as tool tip 

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nehamittal ,

Do you want to know the maximum character length supported in the ToolTip property inside canvas app?

Currently, there is no official doc mentioned about the character length limit for the ToolTip property of a control. I have made a test on my side, and the maximum character length of the ToolTip display for a control is 1006.

Note: The maximum character length value for ToolTip property may be different on your side.

In addition, there is no option to increase the display maximum character length limit of Tooltip property in canvas app. If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks Kris Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (14,892)