cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lefty
Level: Powered On

Re: Maximum number of items reached

Hi @iAm_ManCat 

Sorry I see you meant, and I had tried that a few days ago but then Ascending or Descending doesn't sort them alphabetically, it's doing some sort of sorting, but not what it ought to in Ascending formatting... 

What are the implications if I ignore the delegation warning and used this and upped the settings to 2000?

SortByColumns('List 2',"Document_x0020_Title",Ascending)

Super User
Super User

Hey @Lefty 

Could you show or explain to me what you mean about it not sorting alphabetically? That's interesting to hear, I've not seen that before 😺

The implications of using a non-delegable query will be that if your list has more than 2000 items, only the first 2000 will be evaluated for sorting. It will sort the first 2000 alphabetically and show them only. So if you have an item that starts with an early alphabet letter in row 2001, it will not show (and neither will any items further than that)

Is '"Document_x0020_Title" the default Title that's been renamed or just a new column?

What kind of column is "Document_x0020_Title"?

Just trying to help as best I can, hopefully we can get this resolved 😺

Cheers,

Sancho

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
Lefty

Hey @iAm_ManCat 

A very strange one - so the sorting is sort of happening but then its not, i'll try to explain:

When using: SortByColumns('List 2',"Title",Ascending)
The list starts from 'E', and a bunch of 'E' titles are together, then theres a few 'U' then back to a bunch of 'E' together, i dont know enough about the data to make sense of it, as to what sort of formatting its done.

Is '"Document_x0020_Title" the default Title that's been renamed or just a new column?

I'm unsure, the list was created some time ago, I was under the assumption the default Title column was used, but it appears not, and seems to be a custom column as it was set to mutiline text, which I have now reverted back to single line, as it appears its not needed to be mutiline. 

I dont anticipate ever the list will grow more than 2000 items, unless you have any more ideas, i think I've taken a lot of your time (Thank You), I may decide to just stick with a delegate warning in the app?

Super User
Super User

Ahhhh, yeah ok, there's your culprit! I've actually had similar before - when converting a multi-line to single-line it still treats it as a multi-line which is not delegable to search. I think I ended up solving it by creating a new single-line field and then using a flow to replicate all the values from the one column to the other (and make sure any notification flows arent running or you'll get a notice for each modified row) then was able to sort by the new column

and yeah if you're confident it will never reach over 2k then you can definitely use a non-delegable query 😸

Cheers,

Sancho

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

View solution in original post

Lefty

Hi @iAm_ManCat 

Sorry i have a bit of an issue.

By default as soon as the form loads the drop down is auto selecting the first item in the list, so it's populating all the other fields which are dependent on the selection of this item. Is there a way to make it blank until a user actually selects an item?

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @Lefty 

Yes, you can use the Default = "" in dropdowns or else change your DefaultSelectedItems if it's a combobox,

Thanks,

Sancho

Lefty

HI @iAm_ManCat 

I'm actually using the 2 galleries you help with and using them on my screen

So if we say Gallery1 is the selection and Gallery2 is the all items

I cant use the Default property of Gallery1 to be set to Default = "" it doesnt accept the =

I believe I'm not trying to set it on the right place?

Super User
Super User

Hi @Lefty 

Sorry, thought we were talking about other dropdowns! 😺

For Galleries, if you want the default selection to be blank, you need to change the default to a blank record like this:

image.png

Cheers,

Sancho

kenknuds
Level: Power Up

Hello.

I have this  Powerapp problem and this is the current code  in the titleDdl field:

If(leggTil.Value;If(notSiteMaker;Sort(Distinct(brukerData.Title;Title);Result);

If(BkPBMaker;Sort(Distinct(BkProsjektByggSites.Title;Title);Result);Sort(Distinct(Sites.Title;Title);Result))

);

If(notSiteMaker;Sort(Distinct(Filter(SiteGuests;Title in brukerData.Title);Title);Result);

Sort(Distinct(SiteGuests.Title;Title);Result))

)

According to this Power app thread, the solution should be to use searchbox instead of dropbox.

For example:   Search(collection,TexIinputBox.Text,"yourfield").

I really appreciated whether any skilled consultants here at PowerAppsForum can help me rewrite from today's dropbox code to searchbox code in this specific case.

Thank you in advance 🙂

Regards

KENNETH KNUDSEN
Microsoft Certified Solution Expert
Email: kenknuds@hotmail.com
Mobil:  +47 92869619
Web: www.linkedin.com/in/keknudsen

G99
Level 8

HI @kenknuds 

I would recommend you post your question as a new one on the forum, you are likely to get your question looked at by the wider community.

Furthermore the guidance I got and used, was not using a search box rather by using a gallery to reference my items from the SPO list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,899)