cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lefty
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Maximum number of items reached

I have a lookup column on my canvas app form, trying to pull around 750 items from another SPO list,

At the bottom of dropdown2 I see 'Maximum number of items reached'.
I assumed by changing the settings of 'Data row limit for non-delegable queries' to 2000 would resolve my issue but I still do not see all the items, and they are around 750.

I also get a yellow warning (Delegation warning), which I'd like to avoid if possible, the data is not static and will change, and i'm pulling more than 1 column by using the Dropdown2 and then referencing it to pull other item data into other fields, so not sure if this is what the issue is?

42 REPLIES 42

Hi @Lefty 

For getting values, I would use GalleryName.Selected.Version to get the version value of the selected item.

Regarding getting it written back to the SharePoint list - if you are using a form then change the Update value of the DataCard to GalleryName.Selected.Version or .WhateverField, if not using a form then you should Patch the value like you would any other value except substitute the value for the GalleryName.selected.fieldname

Let me know if you need any other help with this,

Cheers,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Lefty
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @iAm_ManCat 

The only field it will allow me to ref is Gallery1Item.Selected.'Title (Document_x0020_Title)'

That works and it writes to the field, but any of the other fields it gives me a red line, would you know why?

I would have pointed it to Gallery 2 (the pseudo-dropdown list) .selected - when you do that, can you see any of the other fields?

Other possible reasons I could think of:

The names of your columns don't match what you are typing in (they may be default sharepoint names or display names)
or
You may have collected the items into a collection and that collection only has the Title available (unlikely but thought I'd mention anyway)

What happens when you type:

Gallery1Item.Selected.

What columns are listed for you there in the area below the formula window when you type the . ?

Thanks,

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

Lefty
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @iAm_ManCat 

More strange behaviour, but attached are snippets, changing the gallery from 1 to 2 did not make any difference to what else I can see, i expected this to work, very strange its not as i cant see anything wrong

Have you refreshed your data source?

After that, try inserting another label into the gallery, can you see any other fields when you try to set its Text property?

Is there anywhere else in your App that you can see these columns? If yes, please provide examples so that we can further diagnose the issue,

Thanks!

Sancho

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Lefty
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @iAm_ManCat 

I didn't see a need for refreshing the data source, but I did it anyways as couldnt see anything wrong, as I can still ref all the other columns if I do not ref the gallery, i.e. this still works with a delegation warning of course:

LookUp('List 2','Title (Document_x0020_Title)'= Dropdown2_1.SelectedText.Value,Version)

But when I ref the gallery in the code, that's when it only detects the Title column "Title (Document_x0020_Title)" and Version is not an option

Ok, that's good to know, if the columns can be looked at elsewhere then its not the data source at issue.

So your gallery that is the dropdown - what is the Items property?

I would think:
Filter( 'List 2' , 'Title (Document_x0020_Title)'= Dropdown2_1.SelectedText.Value)

..and then your label within that is ThisItem.Version or ThisItem.'Title (Document_x0020_Title)', right?

@iAm_ManCat

Thanks!
Sancho Harker, MVP

Lefty
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @iAm_ManCat 

The label within Gallery2 (i've renamed to GalleryAllItems), text property is:

ThisItem.'Title (Document_x0020_Title)'

On GalleryAllItems, Items property I have:

SortByColumns('List 2'.'Title (Document_x0020_Title)',"Document_x0020_Title")

My understanding was the gallery did not have to explicitly ref other columns for them to be available to use in code, but rather if i want to see other columns in the gallery I should 

Lefty
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@iAm_ManCat 

I can't spot any issues with the code, or set, any other suggestions why i cannot get the other field values to show up?

Lefty
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Extremely sorry, I missed this message in all the excitement

I'm just having a go with your app 

I've changed the data source on to my List, and changed StartWith to my column, but i get a delegation warning, is this expected?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,658)