cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steffensn

Maximum width on iPhone

Hi all,

I am building an app primarily for use in my office setting (started from the Customer Success template), in tablet mode.

Until now the app was always just running Scale-to-fit with lock aspect ratios (because font sizes went crazy if aspect ratio was not locked).

The app is build on a canvas 1920x1040, because that corresponded to the dimensions on our office monitors in browser, everything works great. Also looked okay ish on IPhone in landscape mode.

Now I wanted to make the app responsive to cater for smaller screens such as laptops or iPads. I have turned of scale to fit, and in my height/width settings I now use App.Height instead of the standard Max(App.Height, App.DesignHeight) - because I need to scale down since the designheight is way to big for the laptops.

I have made relevant adjustments etc, and the app looks really good on iPad. But on the phone it is completely messed up, even in landscape mode, the height seems to be a major issue. 

do anyone know what the maximum height is on the iPhone when in landscape mode? I mean it has plenty of pixels, but PowerApps treat it as being a small screen size, and thus my controls are just too big. 

Would it be possible to somehow make “scale to fit with locked aspect ratios” when using a small screen, but then responsive when using large/extra large?

How do I determine the maximum allowed pixels on IPhone height/width? Seemingly it is overwritten from PowerApps vs how much the screen can actually handle?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,726)