cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dom_Mer
Regular Visitor

Media Image Reference - association with This-Item.'Name'

Dear Power-Apps Dream Team

I am asking for the help of an easy issue that I spotted during associations of two elements using the different Data Source.

Could You please sort a problem regarding associating the images (Stored in Power-App/Options-Collection) with the This-Item.-Asset-No selected in Browse-Gallery. (Please see the attached pictures).

Please see attached pictures of the Steps of the functions I put into App and the results :

1. Connection between two screens by selected Asset No. (Please see the attached picture)

2. To see Option-Collection:

I put a function :

App On-Start ( f x 😞
Clear-Collect(
Options-Collection,
{Asset-No:"1703", Image: '1703'},
{Asset-No:"1670", Image: '1703'},
{Asset-No:"692", Image: '1703'},
{Asset-No:"693", Image: '725 - Checkbox 07.20'}
)

(Please see the attached picture)

2. Proof that the Random Browse-Gallery with Options-Collection is working on random Screen
(Please see the attached picture)

My main problem is how to associate the Browse-Gallery-Main taking Data from SQL Server with unique picture (stored directly in Power-App ) for each item in Browse-Gallery-Main.

I am kindly asking for advice to avoid complications, I need to connect each item in Browse-Gallery with Unique picture.

Thank You in Advance for kind assistance in this matter.

Dominic

11 REPLIES 11

Dear Sir

You are My Hero and Legend, Sir. I knew it that is very simple but without Your, Sir help it would very hard to find a solution using formula containing (...) AssetNo = Trim (...). That is really amazing. I do not know how to Thank You, Sir! That is brilliant. Everything is working as it should.

Thank You in Your kind assistance in this matter.

Hope that one day I could help someone so I can compensate.

Best Regards

Dominic

@Dom_Mer 

I am glad it worked. 

Seeing the screen show of your data was the clue...you are using a nchar(10) on AssetNo.  That means that the field AssetNo will be padded with spaces for a length of 10. 

Comparing "123456" to "123456    " does not compare.

However "123456" does compare to Trim("123456    ")

So, that was what you needed.

Enjoy your PowerApp'ing.  You only need to repay by clicking on the Accept Solution button so that others will see that this is a solution and they can benefit from it as well.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,073)