cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Meeting Capture: Clock and PopUpScreen

Hi,

I've got a few questions regarding the "Meeting Capture" template. I've spent some time now translating it to my native language (Swedish) in order to try it out with my collegeues. However, I've run into some issues.

Setting 24-hour time

How do I go about changing the time from AM/PM to a 24-hour clock?

PopUpScreens

The HomePopUpsScreen and ExportPopUpsScreen are simly static pictures from the "default" Home and Export pages respectively. Since I've edited these into Swedish I'd like these pictures to be taken from my translated version instead. Is there a built in functionality to take a "screencapture" of the current screen within PowerApps? I'd like to retain the format of my translated screen, which is lost if I us Snipping Tool or something similar.

Kind regards,

Frida

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Meeting Capture: Clock and PopUpScreen

@fjansson 

For your time question, you'll need to alter the places where time is shown and use the Text function to format to a different format.  In your case, you will use Text(timePropertyLongTime24)   For the timeProperty, just use what is already there in that control.  In other words, if there was a ThisItem.MeetingTime change it to Text(ThisItem.MeetingTime, LongTime24).

For the backgrounds on those other screens...no, you will need to do a screenshot of the screen and then replace the image that is there.  You may need to fuss around with the aspects and sizes and such to get it just right, but that is basically what they did in that app template.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@fjansson 

Glad to help!

For the templates, look at the OnVisible property of the WelcomeScreen.  In there you will find the templates for all the exports.

Hope that helps complete your project.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@fjansson 

For your time question, you'll need to alter the places where time is shown and use the Text function to format to a different format.  In your case, you will use Text(timePropertyLongTime24)   For the timeProperty, just use what is already there in that control.  In other words, if there was a ThisItem.MeetingTime change it to Text(ThisItem.MeetingTime, LongTime24).

For the backgrounds on those other screens...no, you will need to do a screenshot of the screen and then replace the image that is there.  You may need to fuss around with the aspects and sizes and such to get it just right, but that is basically what they did in that app template.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Highlighted

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response, I've managed to solve my issues based on your feedback 🙂

However I've got one last issue that I can't seem to solve. Within the app, when I choose to finish & save and export the meeting capture via email, the email ends up in english and the text and headlines seem to ignore my previous changes.

I've tried searching through the template but I can't find where I can edit this information (what appears in the email). 

Kind regards,

Frida

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@fjansson 

Glad to help!

For the templates, look at the OnVisible property of the WelcomeScreen.  In there you will find the templates for all the exports.

Hope that helps complete your project.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,012)