cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mia2022
Frequent Visitor

Meeting is fully booked, how to notify user to book onto another day

Hello,

I am creating a Power Apps which allows user to book onto meeting at different dates, for the four choices of duration that they want (they can choose 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins and 20 mins). This apps is linked with a SharePoint list (as in the image below). The Duration is a dropdown option, the Duration_mins is a "number" column. I only add the Duration_mins in case the Duration does not work for my coding. 

SharePoint list TEST.PNG

My question is which coding should I write to enable a visible text "The meeting date is fully booked, please book onto the next meeting", when the Duration of each meeting date reaches 60 minutes. It means, when a user book onto 2/1/2022 (1st Feb 2022), if meeting duration of 2/1/2022 already reaches 60 minutes, then a pop-up text to let the user know to book onto the next meeting 2/8/2022 (8th Feb 2022). If the meeting duration of 8 Feb 2022 reaches 60 minutes, then the user need to book onto the different date. 

After the Apps is created, I added a Text Label onto the EditScreen with the text: "The meeting date is fully booked, please book onto the next meeting"

I then edit the formula of the visible properties, as the DATE is DataCardValue15, the formula I used is:

If(Sum(Duration_mins, if(Filter(TEST_booking_slots,DataCardValue15.SelectedDate in Text (DATE))))>=60), true, false)

What I want is: If filter by the booking DATE, with the same selected date, if the duration_mins >=60, then a pop-up label is visible.

DataCardValue15.PNG

wrong formula.PNG

However, errors show and it does not work, it would be great if you could show me which formula I should use please. Thank you very much!

1 REPLY 1
KajalGupta15
Helper I
Helper I

To enable a visible text notification, you should have a meeting table over there you can set the limit for a day like day=10 meetings example  if(meetings=>10 days, Notify("Meeting is fully booked, how to notify user to book onto another day", Warning).

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,303)