cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MuadDib

Menu Component

Hello all,

I'm trying to implement the menu component developped by @RezaDorrani (available here) in my app. I've no problems to use it to navigate between screens but in my case I want to open in a screen an EditForm control. But I can't find how to achieve that in the component as EditForm are not screen.

Thanks for your help

4 REPLIES 4
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@MuadDib 

That component will not provide that type of functionality.  You will need to implement behaviors in the component and rewrite how it handles actions in the component.

That component also uses a variable in it, which will cause issues on other screens where you have the menu component used - so it's worth redoing the component anyway to avoid the variable.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Thanks for your answer. 

As it seems that behavior properties are exeperimental, not sure I want to use it for production application at the moment.

So the only solution is to implement an "old school" menu on each page of my application ?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@MuadDib 

It's kind of funny because Components are pretty experimental as well - They are listed as Upcoming Features under Preview.  You will find the behavioral actions on components to be exactly what you need and will simplify everything for you.  Personally, I wouldn't let the experimental category be intimidating.  There are features in there that have been listed as experimental for years now that work perfectly from a production standpoint.  I can almost guarantee that the component properties (actions specifically) are not going to go away.

If the fear is that one day something about that feature might not work until they "fix" it - you will find that problem with almost everything in PowerApps, not just features!

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes 

I wasn't aware that the components were also experimental !

I'm not sure to be happy learning that but by the way, I'll will try to implement these behaviors properties then and let see what happens.

I'm mostly not so happy to learn also that PowerApps seems not to be so stable. I'm the only IT guys in my company who can developp such app so it will be difficult to fix the features that have gone. I'll try the words "it's not a bug, it's a feature!"

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,040)